Sunday, January 3, 2010

Be strong and courageous

The last few days have been a whirlwind of packing, more packing, spending as much time with friends and family as I possibly can, ringing in 2010, and even more packing. I'm about 26 hours away from taking off to Honduras and I've got lots of mixed emotions! Mostly I'm excited but also nervous and scared. Amazingly enough though, tonight's sermon at church was all about being strong and courageous and trusting God through our fears. After Moses died, God commissioned Joshua to lead the Israelites to the promised land. Taking over for Moses was a pretty big task for Joshua and he was scared! He knew the task was beyond his natural ability and didn't know how he was going to fill the shoes of Moses. But God said, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9).

Like Joshua, I am feeling a little fearful and overwhelmed at what lies ahead. I know that the next 9 months of my life are going to be pretty radical and probably pretty hard a lot of the time. Sometimes I find myself thinking like Joshua and wondering what business I have venturing out into the world to help people and lead them to salvation in Jesus Christ. I am not qualified! I am not ready! But Jackson said last night that fears like these-fear of being underqualified, or even fear of the unknown, come from our not trusting that God is bigger than it all! But He is! He is bigger than life, death, disease, lonliness, anxiety, fear, depression, hunger...everything! We just need to trust Him and remember that He loves us and will never leave us. So here's to putting all trust in our God with all of our fears. Mom if you are reading this that goes for you too!!! Be strong and courageous in 2010!!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and well-wishes. I am blessed beyond blessed to have such amazing friends and family. LOVE YOU!

Next post will be from Honduras! Wooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment