Sunday, December 20, 2009

THANK YOU!


My wonderful small group surprised me with a farewell dinner last night at a Mexican Restaurant here in Chicago! I was so overwhelmed with the outpouring of love from these girls! I was just blown away that they put a dinner together and also so graciously donated to my mission. They truly are an amazing group of women and we are so blessed that God brought us all together. I am going to miss them so much!!!! Here is a group picture from last night!


This experience has been so incredible so far and I haven't even left yet! The entire process of support-raising has been so humbling, but I have been overwhelmed with the interest people have shown in what I'm doing, and their GENEROSITY! I have raised about $2,000 thus far, and combined with my bonus from work (huge blessing there) I am just over 50% of the way to my end goal of $8,000. Praise God, and THANK YOU to everyone for your support. I can't tell you how thankful I am for your gracious gifts.

Preparing for YWAM has given me the opportunity to talk to many people about my faith. This is something that I haven't always felt the most comfortable talking with people about, especially in settings outside of church-like work and social activities. However I can see that God is already using this experience as a gateway to connect with people and talk to them about Jesus. It's also been an opportunity to reconnect with people who I've been out of touch with. Once word spread that I was leaving to do missions, I received an outpouring of support from old teachers, friends, acquaintances and relatives who I don't talk with all that often. What a wonderful blessing it has been to get back in touch with these people, share what God is doing in my life, and hear all about their lives as well!!

In the upcoming weeks, please pray that the Lord would continue to provide financially. Pray that conversations about my trip might bless someone else and plant seeds of faith in their own lives. Pray that last-minute logistics would come together like packing, figuring out how I will refill my prescription meds once I'm abroad, getting stuff moved out of my apartment, etc. Pray that in the midst of all the craziness, I will not lose sight of the purpose of the trip before me and that I may hear God's voice as he prepares my heart for what lies ahead.

Please let me know how I can be praying for you as well. I pray the Lord's blessings upon all of you and may His love and peace be with you and your family this holiday season.

With love and gratitude,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment